Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June 2008

Hi everyone,
It's been almost a year since we have updated our blog. Thankfully, Karl and Krystal have created a blog so they have kept you up to date with our grandson- William. We love him so much and are so grateful they are close by so we can see them often.
I'll try and catch you up on our family happening the last few months.
In March, Doug and I took an LDS tour with the Carnival cruise line. We went to a few different places. We flew to Tampa, Fl then boarded the ship. Our first stop was Grand Caymen where we got to swim with the stingrays. At first it was kind of spooky but it was an amazing experience. The next day we went to the "Tulum" ruins in Mexico. We had an amazing tour guide who's name is Helaman. (Yes, he's a member of the church). It was the highlight of our trip for me anyway. Next day we went to Belize. We visited a school then went to a butterfly-bird farm. We then went to a private beach and went swimming and snorkeling. Next day we went to Honduras. We went to some more ruins. This time our tour guide was not LDS but he has done enough LDS groups that he tried to through in some B of M history but you could tell that he didn't know too much. Our bus driver's name was Moses. After Honduras we headed back to Florida. The cruise itself was fun I was alittle reluctant because I didn't want to get seasick but thankfully both of us were fine.
The first part of May I quit my job at Today's Dental. I've worked there for almost 9 yrs. To sum it up...I'd just had enough of that place. My quitting was very spontaneous. I hadn't really considered if we could financially afford for me to quit but I believe it was the right thing to do. It's really nice not working but I will be looking for part time work soon. I need to create a resume, which I haven't had to do for along time.





The week after I quit, Kacey was scheduled for orthonatic surgery (jaw surgery) in Seattle. Doug, Kacey, Krystal, William and I drove over. Krystal has a friend she wanted to see in Seattle so she drove over with us. It was fun having them along. The night before Kacey's surgery we asked what he wanted to do and what "last chewable meal" he wanted. He chose to get pizza and eat in the hotel room. Krystal, Doug and I played phase 10 until William got hungry and tired.
Kacey's surgery went well. We had to stay in Seattle for 2 days so the oral surgeon could see him before we headed back to Moscow. That will be 3 weeks on Wednesday that he had his surgery.
He has to drink his meals for 4 more weeks. Totaling 6 weeks with his teeth banded shut. I'm glad I could be home to help. He is finally feeling stronger and is off the strong pain medication. He looks very different. I often just stare at him, amazed how different he looks. I wonder if it is really Kacey. I'll try and get some pictures sent.
Since I've been home I've been working out in the yard a lot. I have lots of projects to do. After I get most the weeds pulled, I'm going to wash the siding on the house. Some of the woodwork needs painting outsice and inside the house there's walls, doors, and kick boards that need paint. I'm glad for the chance to get things caught up here at home. Maybe I'll even keep our blog current.
Hope all is going well for everyone.
Love, Sheila

No comments: