Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BUSY JULY

Hi,
July is almost over and before we know it kids will be back in school. I've had a very different summer not working a full time job. I've tried to keep myself busy at home doing different projects. I've got most of the things done that I wanted to accomplish. I still need to paint the wood trim around the windows on the exterior of the house. I've made a couple trips to Utah which I'm glad I was able to go. The end of June I drove down to see if I could be of help to Doug's parents. I enjoyed being with them. I helped prepare meals and cleaned. I was there over the 4th of July and quite a few of Doug's family got together for a barbecue. It was a good day for Floreine so that was nice. Doug's brother Tim and wife Geri invited me to go watch the fireworks in Provo, which was a great way to end the 4th. Marilyn, Diane and I went to Mom's grave on her birthday to give her flowers (see picture). I missed my family so I left for home that Sunday staying the night in Ogden with Kira and then driving home on Monday. I'm not a very good traveler by myself. I get too tired driving. I had to stop every couple hrs. to rest so it made for a really long trip home. 10 days later Karl, Krystal and I made the trip again for the reunion. It was so great seeing everyone. We missed seeing those of you who couldn't come. I wish we could've spent more time together. I didn't get my fill of games. We never did finish the last hand of 'hand and foot' ( a new card game that the Dye family taught us). Since I've been home I've applied for a few more jobs. Had a few turn me down already. Next week I'm going to girls camp and will be gone Mon - Fri. Wish I had everthing squared away by then job wise. Keenin and Kacey are in the process of finding an apartment to move into. It's quite the process to be approved for renting an apartment. They should know in a few days. Doug has been busy all of July with grass seed harvest. This year hasn't seemed to be as busy because a lot of the farmers didn't grow grass since the price for wheat is so high. Not much else is happening around here. Hope all is well! Love, Sheila

No comments: